[Vision2020] Moscow Animal Ordinances

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Fri Jan 28 16:45:28 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Kit Craine
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 2:09 PM
To: Saundra Lund
Cc: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Moscow Animal Ordinances

Saundra,

These are the result of a request I made to council during an open mic
period back in September, after my Old Dog and I were attacked one to many
times on public sidewalks by dogs that were legally loose in their front
yards at the time they decided to get us.

My concern was requiring that dogs be confined, tethered, or leashed at all
time so pedestrians (and old dogs) can walk anywhere in town without having
to worry about collecting fang-holes. Randy Fife went a step farther and
recommended a complete revision of the animal control ordinance. That was a
good idea because the existing code is a bit out of date. For example, it is
more concerned with grazing animals being herded down alleys than whether
dogs are being fed and watered.

The versions that are online are meant to generate discussion. At the last
Administrative Committee meeting, the discussion focused on having a
subcommittee that could throughly discuss and evaluate various topics.
Hopefully, it would have people from a variety of viewpoints so any
revisions can carry Moscow forward for many years to come.

Kit Craine