[Vision2020] moscows future

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Thu Jan 27 12:01:13 PST 2005

f 208-883-0112
FCS at Moscow.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]On
Behalf Of stigmatta x
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:53 AM
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] moscows future

I agree that the downtown core needs work,  It doesn't have depth or flow.
Look at other towns, like Missoula, Bozeman, Whitefish, Sandpoint, they all
possess a well Defined downtown core full of life.
Other than Sandpoint, which I feel is closer to our situation with downtown
Moscow the one thing they all have is ease of access to the center.

Moscow's largest, most immediate problem is lack of parking. What I propose
is that the parking lot off of friendship square be made into a 3 story
parking lot.
 This can be done in a tasteful and attractive manner, incorporating
regional style and leaving the first floor alone.    The ground floor area
with high ceilings, tiled
 floors and large windows would be used to house a permanent farmers/peoples
market. Much like a cross between the farmers public market and the Broadway
market in Seattle.

We live in a region of unpredictable weather which is not the best most of
the year our structures and downtown core should reflect this reality.
 Having   a permanent market downtown would allow small operations which are
currently having difficulty operating in Moscow find space.
 Imagine a public space with year round locally grown produce, artist space,
room for dances, numerous craft shops and room for everyone.

Now imagine being able to access it easily. Unlike other mall spaces this
one would not suffer from lack of traffic, everyone who wanted to park
downtown would be
 passing through out onto friendship square with children playing outdoors
and music filling the streets, Welcome to Moscow, welcome to the future.

Now imagine that this idea was brought to you by a mean conservative troll.

        Citizen x

Helping sheep see the gate. Move along.

Rock.com E-mail Now Has a HUGE 50MB of Storage!   Sign Up Now!
<http://servedby.advertising.com/click/site=195016/mnum=92437>
<http://servedby.advertising.com/click/site=195016/mnum=92437%20target=>