[Vision2020] moscows future

stigmatta x citizenx at rock.com
Thu Jan 27 09:52:56 PST 2005

I agree that the downtown core needs work,

It doesn't have depth or flow.

Look at other towns, like Missoula, Bozeman,

Whitefish, Sandpoint, they all possess a well

Defined downtown core full of life.

Other than Sandpoint, which I feel is closer to our situation with downtown Moscow the one thing they all have is ease of access to the center.

Moscow's largest, most immediate problem is lack of parking.

What I propose is that the parking lot off of friendship square be made into a 3 story parking lot.

This can be done in a tasteful and attractive manner, incorporating regional style and leaving the first floor alone.

 The ground floor area with high ceilings, tiled floors and large windows would be used to house a permanent farmers/peoples market. Much like a cross between the farmers public market and the Broadway market in Seattle.

We live in a region of unpredictable weather which is not the best most of the year our structures and downtown core should reflect this reality.

Having  a permanent market downtown would allow small operations which are currently having difficulty operating in Moscow find space.

Imagine a public space with year round locally grown produce, artist space, room for dances, numerous craft shops and room for everyone.

Now imagine being able to access it easily. Unlike other mall spaces this one would not suffer from lack of traffic, everyone who wanted to park downtown would be passing through out onto friendship square with children playing outdoors and music filling the streets, Welcome to Moscow, welcome to the future.

Now imagine that this idea was brought to you by a mean conservative troll.

 Citizen x

Helping sheep see the gate. Move along.