[Vision2020] Global warming approaching critical point

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Tue Jan 25 07:24:31 PST 2005

Okay, supposedly the earth is warming.  Do you really think mankind has
that much an effect on what happens on this planet?  Yes, there is more
CO2 in the atmosphere, and some has come from the activities of mankind.
But, according to this article:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=429703 -- volcanic activity
is more to blame than anything else.  Now, I guess as good stewards of
the planet we should work to plug the volcanoes and keep them from
spewing their filth into the atmosphere?

And shrinking glaciers?  Some would beg to differ:
http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm

This planet has gone through many cycles throughout it's roughly 4.5
billion year history.  While I agree that we should do what we can to
protect the planet, we have very little effect on what actually happens.
Some things might be to "Leapfrog" (for lack of a better term)
developing countries to technology that we are ourselves trying to
achieve (cellular rather than buried phone lines, etc.)  But again,
humanity really can't do anything to change things, but I guess if it
makes you "feel good" to care, go for it.  The earth will be here when
we're all long gone.

As my crew and I say when we are riding:  "Tread Lightly"

DC