[Vision2020] Buy Depends.

Mike Hall mikehall at moscow.com
Mon Feb 28 07:53:16 PST 2005

Donovan,

Thank you for a breath of common sense and decorum.  I went to the website
you referenced below and lo and behold, look what I found (see below).  I
guess Hall Closet Uniforms has come onto the radar of these folks as well.
I've seen Wayne Fox mention us once in a list of boycotted stores a while
back, but I wasn't aware we had risen to the level of parody.  I suppose
that where my wife and I go to church indicates that we are guilty of
something?  Am I going to have a yellow star of David painted on our front
window soon?  This behavior looks more and more nazi-like every day.  What
is going on here?

Having started in our basement in Viola six years ago, we are still just a
small business trying to provide good products and services, trying to make
a go of it.  We serve public charter schools, Christian schools, Mormon
schools, Catholic schools, even a school for the gifted.  The other day we
even got a web order from a tribe in Oklahoma for some blazers.  We serve
local businesses that used to have to go to Spokane to find professional
uniforms.  We even have comfortable shoes for those who are on their feet a
lot.  I'd invite anyone to come by and check them out.  Everyone raves about
them...  :^)

As long as I'm on my soapbox, I'm curious about statements that Christ
Church is a cult as well.  Having grown up in a Baptist Church and then
mainstream evangelical churches in Silicon Valley, I have yet to hear any
so-called "cult teachings" that diverge wildly from other evangelical
churches I've been to.  From what I have heard taught and from what I have
read, Christ Church is planted square in the middle of the reformed
evangelical Christian tradition.  If that's what constitutes a cult, then
you'll have to lump millions of folks, spanning several centuries, into that
category.

As for Doug Wilson as a pastor and a godly man, I've only seen him to be a
consistent and caring shepherd.  He is someone who genuinely cares for
people.  He is not afraid to preach the Bible, even the un-politically
correct parts that many pastors today avoid like the plague.  Thus he
demonstrates character and backbone in the face of great opposition.  And he
is not stand-offish with "celeb-itis" like some evangelical leaders in
America that have had successful ministries.  How can biblical teaching make
him a bad person? There are many, many folks in this community, from many.
many churches throughout the Palouse, who are in the same boat, that believe
the same things he teaches every Sunday.

I think you are right that many folks in our community are sickened by the
character assassination that goes on regularly on this forum.  And then to
lump everyone who knows Doug, or goes to Christ Church, into a cult?  I know
that is not what this forum was created for.

In closing, I have just one request.  Please include our url in any future
references to HCU.  (I'm sure I'll get blasted for peeking my head up out of
my foxhole.)  It really does help with google search rankings to have our
domain linked from other places on the web, and since v2020 posts are
archived, every little bit helps.

Thanks,

Mike Hall
http://www.hallclosetuniforms.com

http://www.auntie-establishment.com/KirkaAcademy.html
Your school uniforms can be purchased for two hundred clams at Sal's Uniform
Closet. (You could purchase dem elsewhere's for less, maybe, but we wouldn't
recommend it.  See?  Good.)  Blue or black pinstripe suit, purple acetate
shirt wit matching necktie, black nylon socks, and shiny black shoes.  No
exceptions.  We don't want to see no baggy phat pants wit your underwear
hanging over da top like you was a gangsta, capische?  You're a gang-ster.
You know da difference?  Probably not, but at La Kirka Nostra Academy,
you'll learn it, Day One.