[Vision2020] Open debate

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:57:39 PST 2005

Mr. Hansen,

First, that statement was directed at Ms. Huskey, not Joan. (whoops!)

Second, just because Joan has been a victim of tasteless humor and
discrimination doesn't mean she now has the right to do it to anyone else.
If anything, that ought to make her very aware of how hurtful that can be.
Based on your logic a victim of theft has the right to steal. Also by your
twisted logic, because I have been the victim of discrimination, I can make
fun of anyone I want too.

Third, it is rude to refer to a person as their sexuality or gender as you
have done in reference to Joan. It offends many gay people to be called "a
gay". People are not  "a gay". There are people that are gay. And she does
not have a monopoly of the gay claim on this board--although I don't think
she has ever claimed to have it. .

I believe you owe all people that are gay on this server list an apology for
your derogatory and insensitive remarks.

Until then. . . .

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold