[Vision2020] Buffalo

LuJane Nisse publisher lujane at lataheagle.com
Sun Feb 20 17:46:53 PST 2005

Art, I enjoyed that.
on the subject of prejudiced parents.... I doubt any two people were more
prejudiced than my mom and dad. Great parents, except in that aspect. I
wonder, however, how prejudiced parents can raise non-prejudiced children. I
believe all my siblings are very NOT prejudiced. I used to laugh at my dad
who LOVED Archie Bunker and set him up as his "mentor" of sorts. It seemed
so outlandish. Way back when, there were no TV shows that had blacks
(whoops - African Americans) on them as the main characters. I believe
Bunker (what was that show? All in the family?) started the first spin off
with the man who was the cleaner - I'm not remembering names right now
although I could sing the song "We're movin' on up... to the big house... "
etc.
Dad, was aghast, however, that "they" were horning in on his TV show.
I know people would (and probably should) take offense, but truly I thought
he was just plain funny. It was absurd. He'd never hurt a soul but he sure
believed each race had their place. His sister married an Indian and the
family was so appalled they about disowned her. Now that was in the 40s
maybe even 30s I believe - so take the time context into consideration.