[Vision2020] Buffalo

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 20 20:33:28 PST 2005

OK, OK . . . HOWEVER . . .

I was also offended by the slaughter of the buffalo in the joke.   Yes, yes,
it's only a "joke," but I will never find anything humorous about using the
senseless slaughter of any sentient being for the sake of a laugh.  Call me
a stick in the mud, but I'd prefer not to read such offensive stuff.

Also, the fact that it was a Native American who did the slaughtering was
offensive as well.  I'm not an expert on Native American culture, but my
understanding is that when animals are hunted/sacrificed, they aren't
wasted.

Not picking on Leslie Falen for sharing the joke, but since others shared
what they were upset about, I decided to chime in as well.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke