[Vision2020] Message from a Christ Church Wife

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 23:33:05 PST 2005

Can you elaborate on "families destroyed because
people were not held accountable for sin"?

I'm trying to think of some examples that would
destroy a family and adultery seems like it would be a
leading candidate...especially since it's one of the
Big Ten.  How is an adulterer held accountable for
his/her sin and  at the same time be allowed to work
out a deal with the betrayed spouse to keep the family
intact and fully functional?

Maybe that example is too extreme.  Did any of these
situations involve drinking, drugs, and/or gambling?

Again, I'm just guessing here, but maybe there is a
corner case that fits your vague statement, still
applies to the topic at hand, and in a twisted way is
still thought to be successful since it keeps the
family intact.  Just a hypothetical situation, mind
you, but I can see a case where a domineering husband
might be married to a <gasp> not completely submissive
wife.  If he repeatedly beats the crap out of her to
hold her accountable for her sins, she may change her
sinful ways and become the obediant wife as scripted
per God's perfect plan. If he doesn't severely punish
her sins, she may continue to push the envelope of
independence until the family is destroyed.

I was on the fence about whether that message from a
Christ Church wife was authentic or not, but now after
some serious thought about it, I'm with Pat Kraut on
this...it's clearly a forgery.

-Scott

-- Snip --