[Vision2020] Re: Fiat Lux

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Sat Feb 5 18:03:44 PST 2005

Fiat Lux and Vision2020
I wish to publically apologize for any discomfort I caused that may have
forced you to discuss or think about matters you would rather not discuss
with the rest of the world. I am far from unfamiliar..and have empathy for
those in your shoes.

I am, however,  just sick and tired people not taking responsibility for
their posts on this listserv. In thinking about my motives, I know my
problem is not with you in particular, but it is with the listserv itself.
Rather than agressively making a point, I should have accepted the listserv
as it is or, failing that, I should have just quietly moved on to more
productive venues. In the two years or so I have participated on this
listserv, it is my opinion that we would have been much better served had
there been a set policy that anonymous postings not be allowed. Newspapers
have this policy for a reason. The increased possibility of libel, slander,
character assasination, and just plain worthless jabbing back and forth are
probably some of the reasons.

Anyway, I will try to be a better neighbor, but perhaps non-participatory
one. I wish you all well.

Jim Meyer