[Vision2020] Iraqi Citizen At WSU Speaks

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 11:30:08 PST 2005

All:

These comments concerning the war in Iraq from a front page article in the
Monday, January 31, Lewiston Morning Tribune, from Vian Yousify, a 21 year old
Iraqi citizen studying neuroscience and psychology at WSU, are worth repeating
on V2020:

"Regardless of any intentions the U.S. had while it invaded Iraq, be it for
their good or the Iraqis, the reminder of the destroyed, once beautiful city,
Baghdad, and many other places,  the looted museums, or the unbearable number
of innocent lives that have been taken away were never worth it."

And about the just held election in Iraq:

"In a way, it is false hopes given to desperate people for various powers to
be involved in a future they have no rights over, including the presence of
the American forces. ..."

"I hope it is a step toward improvement of the system that will be able to
diminish the current terror."

"I do not think that Iraq is ready for representative government.  There has
not been any effective strategy set for Iraq to follow upon after Saddam's
regime was removed."

The article can be viewed at this link, but a LMT subscription or a paid
online account is required:

http://www.lmtribune.com/h013105.htm