[Vision2020] Doug's downtown cathedral? (was NSA Zoning Trouble)

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon Dec 19 08:44:20 PST 2005

Way back in the late 70's, I was involved in the structural
remodeling of Fonk's Variety to its GTE configuration. Hard to
remember exactly how high the columns I installed were, but I'm
pretty sure they were at least 12' to the bottom of the beam. That
era of building construction usually involved a structural brick
bearing wall with column pilasters holding the end of floor and roof
beams with interior wood columns and beams to carry mid-span floor
and roof joists.

Mark Solomon