[Vision2020] NSA/Verizon/Zoning Trouble Timeline (was: Whostarted it? Wh...

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 11:40:03 PST 2005

Saundra,

 Not that the facts really  matter to you. But if you were actually at the zoning meeting, which I  believe you were, Joel testified to the BOA that NSA was a similar use  and therefore fit the downtown zoning code. Who else did you expect NSA  to contact before moving downtown, every single member of the city  council, to get their take in case a complaint was filed against them  for being downtown in case they disagreed with Joel?

  Your contention is that either;

  Joel told NSA they could not be downtown while telling the BOA they could

  OR

  NSA is responsible for calling every member of the BOA or City Council  to ensure that Joel's interpretation of the zoning code is correct.

  In either case, I do not think that you can hold NSA responsible.

  You have gotten so biased it is getting ridiculous Saundra. And NSA will be staying downtown and not paying any taxes.

  Take Care,

  _DJA

Saundra Lund <sslund at adelphia.net> wrote:  Donovan wrote:
"NSA moved because they were asked to by the city. The city said they could
move downtown."

Really, Donovan?  Cite your source, please, because I'm not aware the City
said NSA could move downtown.

Back when the zoning issue was first brought to light, I knew *nothing* at
all about zoning in general.  So, I started learning about zoning in Moscow
:-)

Some of you may remember that last January, I asked some of the same
questions Mr. Bonte raised again yesterday.

"It's taken me a few days now to get this far -- I don't think I'd ever
looked at Moscow's Land Use Regulations
(http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE04/toc.asp)
(let alone started actually reading them) until Saturday's paper.  Does
anyone know how/when the whole Zoning Code comes into play?  I'm not (nor
have I ever been) a business owner, but if someone was interested in
purchasing property on Main Street, would they be expected to know that a
particular property is zoned CB?  Would a realtor inform a potential buyer
about the zoning requirements for a specific parcel(s)?  Would a potential
buyer have contact with anyone from the City *prior* to actually purchasing
a specific property for a specific use?"

A Visionarie suggested to me that I actually go look for *myself* at the
City's zoning file on NSA, so that's what I did.  It's old news now, of
course, but I was absolutely shocked to find that (NSA & the Verizon
building) wasn't the first time NSA had run afoul of zoning.  That's when --
for me -- the questions I asked above ceased to have much importance in the
zoning problem:  NSA had no excuse for being ignorant about zoning regs
because they'd run into problems previously and had been educated by City
staff.

Before learning that, I was more interested in a resolution that would have
treated NSA as a genuinely ignorant first time offender, but as my
granddaddy always used to say, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice,
shame on me."

And, that's why I ask, Donovan, that you cite your source:  ***no where***
in all the records did I see the City tell NSA it could move downtown.  If I
missed something, I'd like to know what I missed & why it wasn't in the City
file.

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

http://mail.yahoo.com