[Vision2020] attacking our neighbors

Katherine Sprague kathys at moscow.com
Fri Dec 16 11:16:19 PST 2005

I have lurked on Vision 2020 for months now and I cringe on a daily basis while reading
the bile people spew forth. The recent attacks on Gary Crabtree have appalled me to
the point where I can no longer remain even as a lurker.
Certainly Joan is a very clever writer but she is also the person who provoked Gary's
outburst. Remember the bully who would smile at the teacher and then kick you under
the lunchroom table until you finally snapped and dumped that carton of nearly rotten
milk over their head?
 I am no fan of Doug's nor his congregation, hell I remember his group picketing a gay
dance with placards reading "AIDS Inoculation Center". This only 3 weeks after my
friend David died in my arms from complications of AIDS. Of course noone will question
whether or not this incident occurred because I am relating an anti-Doug story. It is as
real as the vandalism to the Lock Shop.
 Reading the tirades on vision 2020 I am almost on the side of the Kirkers. Please
people, use arguments of substance, boycott their businesses, and move on. Both of
my businesses have been Vandalized over the past 17 years, sometimes by the Right
and sometimes by the Left. Sometimes it has been worth reporting to the police and
sometimes I just wash the bible quotes and death threats off of the sidewalk and go on
with my day.
The hypocrisy of who has a right to name call and who doesn't has finally worn so thin I
feel I must depart.

Kathy Sprague