[Vision2020] Sen. Proxmire

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Dec 16 10:42:36 PST 2005

Just a quick word or two to note the passing of Wisconsin Sen. William
Proxmire, who took over Joe McCarthy's seat, instituted the "Golden Fleece
Awards," and injected a good deal of passion, humanitarianism and common
sense into national affairs during his tenure.

Proxmire was a hero in my household growing up, and I wish we had a few more
just like him these days.

We've lost a few good people recently, and yet there are some heroes among
us, many yet to be  revealed.  I'd be interested in hearing who you all find
particularly inspiring in the world of politics and culture.  (Of course
this will invite contentious discourse, but let's keep it civil, OK?)

keely