[Vision2020] City Council's selective compassion

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 10 10:22:00 PST 2005

Once again, Tom, you have proven and brought to light by their own words and
actions, the true character of the leadership of CC/NSA, etc. - they are
bullies, liars, manipulators and generally will seemingly do whatever it is
the have to do to get their way.

When you listen to Nate Halverson, it is very clear that CC, etc. are the
ONLY ones who "fear financial retribution" for the businesses if they were
to show support for NSA - NOT ONE of the business owners that came to mike
on Monday, or before, ever stated "I am in fear of loosing business if I
were to show support for NSA."  NOT ONE!!!  Yet, Mr. Halverson states that
is what he has been told.  IF anyone were afraid of financial problems as a
result of supporting an illegal school being able to illegally remaining
downtown, it is because NSA Students/Faculty have made those statements to
the business.  It was stated by one business owner (Mr. Williams) that the
tactic of "well look what this guy did and he's your neighbor" was used to
try and garner a signature from him.  THIS IS BULLING, plain and simple.

Mr. Atwood has been very vocal, in the past, about NSA bringing at least
$3mil to the downtown businesses - yet Zume's (a business that is located IN
the building that houses NSA) is now out of business.  One of their own,
church member owned and operated and church supported businesses, is no
longer able to continue operating.  Are we to assume that NSA students did
not support Zume's but ARE supporting the rest of the town?  Or are we to
correctly know that there is no $3mil coming from students who are told
"support church member businesses BEFORE even considering going to any
'outside' business."?  And/or is this one more example of a kirker who spoke
against something/someone and has been removed from his and his family's
only means of making money - in other words, another show of strength in
order to keep things and people in line with what the leadership feels the
program is all about?

Being a bully, using bulling tactics, forcing false "survey" results down
the throats of this community by these people has gone on long enough - it
is time that we, AS A COMMUNITY, stands up and says just that -  until the
new Council, the CC/NSA leadership and the students of an illegal school
realizes we're "damned tired of it and we won't take it anymore."

J  ;)