[Spam] RE: [Vision2020] Grunt's-Eye View

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:55:24 PST 2005

John D has posted a few recent "blogs" in regard to a service persons pride
and commitment towards their service. I have watched from afar only because
i do not wish to get commited into a downward spiral of name bashing and
hypocricy. I believe i have waited long enough. Granted I shouldn't be
writing this with emotion driving me, but John without US you wouldn't be
saying this.

Mr D. (is this John Dickinson) has stated, and I am paraphasing, that he
doesn't see why a person should be proud of their service. He also blabs
about how he doesn't understand a "volunteer force" and he doesn't see any
merit too that.

Why don't you say that to a wwII vet or god forbid a relative if they had
joined? Not only are 18 year old kids doing this for you, but they are doing
a good deed by defending our great nation. Damn right these kids are proud
why shouldn't they. Yes the military is for our protection and sometimes
that intales killing. I hope that the leaders of our country will use our
children wisely. Regardless, our military is very committed,and with
anything that you put your heart sole into , you will be proud.

John I have served and by the sounds of it I am probably one of the younger
members here. I did serve 4 years in the Marines, and no I thankfully did
not go to war. However, I do have close friends that are or have been to
Iraq. I can only thank the Mr. Hansens and Mr. Kaags of the world that have
defended this country. I don't give a rats poop whether you agree with any
war that we are in, we should all have a support our troops sticker on the
back of our car regarless.

Mr. D if you really want to know the answer to your question, try your local
marine core office in pullman. Until then please don't question "our" pride.