[Vision2020] The Deceptions of War

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:48:14 PST 2005

Pat

Self serving isolationism and the press's adage that 1000 deaths in Africa
equal one death one Main Street are some of the biggest problems both we and
the world have today.  Until the rivers ran with bodies, our press refused
to cover Rwanda.  The 250,000 people slaughtered in East Timor by Islamic
extremists have never been covered.  The war in Chad or the slaughter in
Sudan's Darfur Region got hardly a boo.

It amazes me when people who should be calling strongly for action to remove
genocidal dictators chose to push their personal political agenda in
preference.

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs1660

Or

http://www.hrw.org/reports/1993/iraqanfal/

So 182,000 Kurds died in Saddam's Anfal genocide campaign.  Reading the
letter of the Iraqi Kurd to Saddam after returning from status as a prisoner
of war to Coalition forces to find his family liquidated is truly heart
rending, as touching as the Anne Frank Story.

The Sunni insurgency and the Zarqawi foreign fighters are a tiny part of
Iraq's population.  If the Whites in South Africa had pulled an insurgency,
blown up buildings, schools, killed kids and the rest, do you think that
some who complain here about Iraq would have had the same attitude?  Our
advent into Iraq and the sacrifices our troops have made ended Sunni Iraqi
apartheid and are allowing the wheels of justice to turn on people who have
committed crimes against humanity.

Phil Nisbet