[Vision2020] No Way, Jose!

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Aug 29 15:49:03 PDT 2005

Joseph, et al,

Re: Daily News

In the last year, the Daily News has refused to print several of my letters dealing with the Christ Church Cult, although the other newspapers the letters were sent to printed them without change.

In the last case, the Daily News asked that I produce verification for several statements all of which were short paraphrases of items first reported in the Daily News itself.  Can you say "Chickenshit!"?

Perhaps Nathan needs to see about getting a testosterone patch and needs to read the daily international news that reflect all the problems in the world caused by religious zealots.

Why wasn't Iverson just added to the "Town Criers" to appear periodically in rotation with the other "Town Criers"?

Given Murf's dotage and personal views which he seems not able to keep out of his management of the OP/ED page, perhaps his reassignment to something less harmful like pet news should be considered.

Unlike Rosemary, I will not cancel my subscription because of Iverson (and some recent atrociously slanted and/or inept news reporting) because I think Iverson paints an accurate picture of the cult's views.

I think it wonderful that the cult is quite unaware of the negative effect of Iverson's bigoted writings -- look how many responded with letters to the editor to his first asinine column where he asserted in the name of tolerance that he and his cult kin were the only ones to hold "THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION".  Such statements, in my opinion, are symptoms of serious mental health problems.

Iverson is to the Daily News what Costello is to the LMT.  Both do more damage to their cause than good by their maladroit arguments and extreme positions.  The more Iverson writes, the more the majority of the community will see the threat posed by the egotism and megalomania of Cultmaster Douglas Wilson and his ovine followers.  Iverson will certainly recruit more soldiers for the opposition in the cultural war which Wilson initiated.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com