[Vision2020] Ralph, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:05:35 PDT 2005

Andreas

Normally I would say a quick Amen and pass on, but I have been doing a fair
amount of reading of the various websites floating around by the crazies
that do some of the things that Ralph was.  Many of these Neo-Nazi sites go
to great length pulling up misplaced ideas from Tanakh and Talmud to show
what they believe to be a world wide Jewish Conspiracy or as they claim, the
Talmudizing of America.  Most of them are big on the slavery thing and love
to focus on quotes like "A father may sell his daughter".

There are few branches of Judaism that rely solely on Tanakh, the Falashas
being just about the only one I can think of.  Even the Falashas believe in
a life after death.  The attempt to form a more enlightment based outlook in
the community did lead at one time to a belief which is still held by some
in the Reform community that there is no life after death and there is some
resonance for that thought in the Conservative community as well, but its
pretty modern.

So, indeed, when somebody starts floating statements about, what 'your' book
says, I tend to get a little up in arms.  Its far to close to what the very
active Neo-Nazis are doing on a daily basis on the web.  Jews in Isreal in
100 BCE were not running around saying, "Geeh, things are a little slow in
Business this weak, I think I will go out and sell my daughter into
slavery."

Now I would have simply told Ralph he was a goy and should leave things
related to what the actual Talmudic understanding of Tanakh is to scholars
who know what they are talking about, but people tend to get up in arms when
a Jew calls them a goy.  I laughed reading your posting because I actually
did initially use it and replaced it with anti-Semite, with a modifier that
it was only because of the sensetivity of the issue.

Still in all, I should simply say Amen to your post and pass on with this
issue.

Phil Nisbet