[Vision2020] Third Street Extension

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Tue Aug 23 12:36:28 PDT 2005

While I see the attraction of a bridge across the creek at Third Street
(I believe it has been in the plans for ages, since the Mountain View
side was not made into a culdesac like Dogwood to the south), I don't
blame Tom Ivie for trying to do what he can to preserve his way of life.
Yes, it has been obvious that a bridge will probably be put there -- the
pavement just ends on both sides, like its waiting for the bridge to get
dropped right in -- but it is your right as a citizen to argue against
it.  If nothing else, your arguing against it will make the
decision-makers look at mitigating traffic hazards on that section of
road.

Personally, I could come down on either side of the issue.  I see some
personal benefits to the bridge going in, but I also see some problems
for schoolkids at Lena and the Jr. High.  I could live without the
bridge, but like it or not, our city is growing, and East and North is
the logical direction.  We need to stay "ahead of the curve" so to
speak, instead of all this playing catch-up we've been doing of late
with development.

Trust me, this is a hot-button issue in my own household, not to mention
the voices in my head arguing about it.

DC