Fwd: [Vision2020] prayer--compromise

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:18:27 PDT 2005

On 8/22/05, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:
> Would anyone be willing to support pausing for a few minutes for everyone to pray, meditate or what ever as the see fit. I would think that this would be acceptable  to everyone but the diehards on both side, even the Supreme Court.

If it would stop this pointless and tedious discussion, I would be
willing to support a few minutes for everyone to engage in
flagellation, masturbation, or sacrificing chickens.  However, as far
as "what ever as the see fit" (sic) goes, there I draw the line.
Someone would surely take advantage of my largesse, and perform some
spiritually or emotionally enriching "task" that I nonetheless might
actually find objectionable.