Fwd: [Vision2020] prayer--compromise

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 03:23:59 PDT 2005

"Someone would surely take advantage of my largesse,
and perform some spiritually or emotionally enriching
'task' that I nonetheless might actually find
objectionable."--Chas

I totally agree with Chas. We must legislate and
litigate every possible action in order to prevent
anything that anyone could possible do that would
offend his senses at any moment in time during his
life from birth to death regardless of if the action
really resulted in any loss of property.

We ought to just stick it right in the constitution,
"Congress shall make no law that grants liberty for
any action that could possibly be used to offend
people's thoughts or senses".

This is preciously what is wrong with society today.
We get offended by someone else so we must stop people
from doing what we do not want to do ourselves.

No Gay Marriage, someone might is offended.

No Gay men in the military, someone is offended.

No Prayer, someone is offended

No teaching of Evolution, someone is offended

No teaching of Creationism, someone is offended

No telling kids "No", the child or parent is offended

No cats outside, someone is offended if they see a
cat.

Pretty soon us fat people and ugly people are not
going to be able to go outside because somebody might
see and get offended.

I say, unless someone is unjustly depriving you of
life, liberty, or property you should learn to just
deal with being offended. People need to stop
concentrating on stopping everything that offends them
and start thinking about doing things that actually
help people. You only have about 74 years on this
planet. Do you want to spend it making sure the rules
are changed so you do not feel offended by something
that someone else is doing that does not impact your
property or liberty, or do you want to spend it
helping people that are less fortunate than you?

Donovan J Arnold

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what
you can do for your country"--JFK