[Vision2020] RE: Let's comply with all state statutes!

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 21 13:19:28 PDT 2005

 Doug Farris wrote:
"Does any one know what the state law says about same- sex marriage?  I'm
sure that Rose and Saundra want to address these violations. For after all
it's all about the Code."

That's Ms. Lund to you, Doug Farris:  you are neither a friend nor an
acquaintance, and you and I are not on friendly terms.  We have never
corresponded, and we have never exchanged pleasantries; indeed, we have
never even met.  You've stared at me with obvious anger at public meetings,
but that's not the same thing.  You surely knew who I was, but you lacked
the courage to introduce yourself.  This, unfortunately, is common behavior
among Christ Church's self-styled "men of chest."

Your nasty reputation proceeds you, Doug Farris.  I know you through your
vitriolic diatribes (many directed against Rose Huskey and
myself) on Dale Courtney's blog and the wretchedness you've expressed here
on V2020.

There's little doubt in my mind you participate in Christ Church's ugly (and
I would argue un-Godly) imprecatory prayers.  For those who don't know, the
misguided souls who follow Doug Wilson actually pray to God for evil things
to happen to those, like Rose and myself, who dare to question the Kirk.
That's their peculiar perversion of Christianity, one I scarcely recognize
and that I suspect will
surprise or even horrify other Christians on this list.

Yes, Doug Farris:  that's Ms. Lund to you and your ilk.  Once again, you are
just plain wrong:  it was neither Rose nor I who ever claimed  any devotion
to "the Code" (translation:  the laws the vast majority of our community
follow).  Rather, it was your false idol and pastor Doug Wilson who thought
he was being oh, so clever when he started that particular little lie.  This
lie was parroted by those foolish and juvenile wannabes, Nate Wilson and
Gabe Rench, when they filed their retaliatory zoning complaints.  And that
lie has now been repeated so many times within your crowd that you actually
think it true.  How sad.

I don't speak for Rose -- as we all know <g>, Rose is quite capable of
speaking for herself -- but our interest in the misdeeds of Wilson World
have nothing to do with "love of the Code," but rather with much more
important ideals such as justice, fairness, equal protection, and the
preservation of religious freedom and liberty for all, not just for those
who share your peculiar flavor of Christianity.  In short, what we've done
has been done because it's the Right thing to do.  We are just as entitled
to our beliefs as much as those you screech about for yourself and your
friends/associates.

Further, you must know a different group of gays and lesbians than do I:  I
don't know of a single same-sex couple in Idaho who claim that their
marriage is recognized by the state. Recognized by God, yes, but afforded
the same basic legal rights and responsibilities mandated by the state for
heterosexual couples?  No.  FYI, Doug Farris, it's not illegal for same-sex
couples to say that they are married in the eyes of God, their friends and
family, and themselves.  If they're not married in the eyes of the state,
what do you care?  You and your pastor have no love for the state; far from
it.  But if there's some government/legal issue you think needs to be
addressed, then for God's sake, man, get off your duff and do it yourself!
Why should Rose and I be expected to do your hateful bidding?

Why is it, Doug Farris, that your and Christ Church's thin veneer of
civility and respect disappears whenever those with whom you share your
faith are caught short?  Community members are treated with courtesy,
dignity, and respect only until your misdeeds are exposed.  Then, rather
than admitting your errors, apologizing, and doing the Right thing, your
response is to lie, attack, threaten, and bully.

If you don't like the laws, then my suggestion is that you direct your
efforts towards changing them, Doug Farris:  your current modus
operandi is both ineffective and unseemly.  This is a democracy, and it's
your right to work to change those laws with which you disagree.  There's no
need for whining, name-calling, false claims of religious persecution or
intolerance for those who point out your errors when you're caught with your
grubby fingers in the government pie.  In  fact, there's a word for those
who get caught repeatedly breaking the  law, and isn't "persecuted
Christian."

 May God have mercy on your soul!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****