[Spam] [Vision2020] Third Street bridge

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Fri Aug 19 10:18:32 PDT 2005

Here is the link, all, notice it also says that cyclists shall yield right
of way to pedestrians. And they are required give a warning when they
overtake and pass someone.......like that ever happens.
http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=490070021.K
To Roger,
I really don't hate bicyclists, I've ridden my share of miles on them (14
miles each way when I was in college, and for several years commuting to
work when I lived in Spokane). The thing that many riders haven't learned
that (most) motorcycle riders have is "Everyone Else On the Road Is Out to
Kill You".
I think that many riders are just too lazy or too caught up in their ipods
to pay attention on the street and instead go blasting down sidewalks so
that don't have to deal with it.
Now, I can see where the corner of Sixth and Jackson could be disconcerting
with the bike lane going East, but at least it keeps bikes out of the right
turn only lane where a driver is LESS likely to see them. West bound on
Sixth, riders have a straight shot to campus and on to the paths and
walkways. And they still use the sidewalk, blasting past the CDA Brewry and
Gambinos.

Bah humbug to pedal power.........I want a Ducati......In red