[Vision2020] Public prayer on public money

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 23:17:41 PDT 2005

Chas,

I do not think that is what Christ was getting at.
Christ prayed in public and with others all the time,
and others prayed with him in public.

If you read the previous passage you see that Christ
in this passage was talking about people that claimed
to be Holy and did prayer and gave only in the public
eye to gain praise from other men, not from God. He is
saying pray for God's praise, and give for God's
praise, do not pray and give for man's praise.

If we are to take your literal interpretation of his
words, churches would not have mass and worship, which
is public prayer. Not to mention most people at that
time did not have doors on their rooms, just the door
to the outside of the house.

But more importantly, this is not about one religion,
this is about allowing people to preform a task that
is important to their spiritual and emotional well
being that does no harm to anyone else.

Donovan J Arnold