[Vision2020] Public Prayer

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Aug 18 20:30:31 PDT 2005

You're right, insofar as my preference for how people should pray counts for
nothing in the law.  However, I think that prayers to a specific deity
establish, if only for the duration of the prayer, a particular and specific
religion.  Even "God" is not generic, and, if it is neutered to become
generic and inoffensive, I can't see how it is even efficacious as prayer.
Which, rather circuitously, argues my previous point:  prayer as a ritual to
cross off the agenda, or prayer as meaningful supplication or entreatment of
the Deity.

keely