[Vision2020] Public Prayer

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Aug 18 12:37:11 PDT 2005

Keeky

If you want to pray is silence that is your right. It should also be the right of other to pray as they see fit. To prohibit them from doing so is a violation of their rights, not the other way around. The first Amendment says that the government should pass no laws prohibiting the free expression of religion. To prohibit people from saying a prayer in public is doing just that.
I see very little difference in atitutude between you and Falwell. You both ony want people to pray as you want them to. Why not let everyone pray as they see fit?

Nick
I have not read very many Supreme Court Decision's in detail. To research them looking for want you ask would be a horrendous task for which I do not have the time. I am currently reeding "The Faith, A History of Christianity" by  Brian Magnaham. I only have time to read a few pages a day. I would  like to read some of your books on religion, including "The Origins of Religious Violence" when it is published.  I would also like to read the Quran and the Torah. At the rate I am reading this will take me three or four years.

Roger Falen