[Vision2020] Ten Commandments Removed:Religious Anti-Gay Monuments In City Parks?

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Thu Aug 18 11:42:11 PDT 2005

Just pointing out that it is just the starting point for some groups.
The next step is to ban all religious expression from ANY public property.
Note the ban on "religious floats" in Denver's candlelight parade......which
happens during the Christmas season, because athiests objected to them and
say that religion should be banned from the public square.
I see this as a slow erosion of the Constitution. We have become a society
that is thin skinned and quick to take offense at the most trivial things,
like words written on a stone or on paper, in the case of a Mark Twian
novel.
We teach the Greek mythos in school, but shrink from mentioning
Christianity, even though it was a major factor in shaping our history, both
good and bad.
We don't want to hear, see or read anything we don't agree with...That goes
against the very ideas that founded this republic.
We are no longer Americans, we are Latin, Native, Euro, Asian, Catholic,
Jewish, Muslim, Protestant....pick your prefix Americans. We cannot go on
separating ourselves into sub-groups, eventually it will lead to genocide.
Don't believe me? Take a look at Eastern Europe and Africa.
We are splitting ourselves into race, religion, and political subgroups and
it will lead to no good.
Where would you put my daughter as a Protestant-Euro-Latin-Native-American?
She doesn't fit into the "salad ideal" but is the true epitomy of the
American melting pot.