[Vision2020] Public prayer on public money

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 16:14:30 PDT 2005

Keely,

Why you insist upon treating public prayer in the same
category as sex, "it is fine as long as it is done in
private and in a manner that does not offend anyone",
is beyond me.

If you truly are religious, or spiritual etc, you
would understand how important seeking God's guidance
is when making important decisions that impact the
welfare of the community.

You can separate religion from public events, but
prayer is NOT religion, nor is it forcing people to
pray or pray in a particular manner, it is simply
allowing time for people to seek guidance from their
God or Gods before doing something important. Why do
you oppose this? They are NOT implementing policy into
their laws like no meat on Sundays or women shall obey
her husband at all times. Why should people be
prevented from practicing their faith because others
might be offended? What harm is caused by the
unbeliever to pause for one minute while others
fulfill their commitment to their creator and ask for
guidance?

Ask your God(s) if He wants the government to deny
people a moment with Him/Her when they need Him/Her?

Donovan J Arnold

=== message truncated ===