[Vision2020] Quinlan/NOTP #61

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 23:58:25 PDT 2005

> Second, the reason the GSA flag was burned had nothing
> to do with discrimination against gays and lesbians,
> one the perpetrators was gay.

Did you intend to type: "one, the perpetrator was gay," or "one of the
perpetrators were gay?"

Either option presents new information to me.  Can you substantiate
this?  Regardless, your bald statement "the reason the GSA flag was
burned had nothing
to do with discrimination against gays and lesbians" is no less
contentious than any statement that Dr. Quinlan made.  I was an active
member of the GSA during the time of the theft, and it was certainly
the assumption of most of the members (and the local community) that
discrimination was the cause. Do you have any evidence to the
contrary, the alleged sexuality of the perpetrator(s) aside?  Yes,
gays have been known to discriminate against gays.

> Third, the student killed and found on Moscow Mountain
> was gay, but he was not killed because he was gay.

To the best of my knowledge, the bones of Wil Hendrick haven't
indicated why he was slain, and the killer hasn't come forth and
volunteered the information, so how can you make this claim?

> Finally, trying to tie all that into Doug Wilson is
> way over the top!

Possibly.

Chasuk