[Vision2020] Quinlan/NOTP #61

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 00:41:55 PDT 2005

Chas,

I was a member of the ASUI Senate, one of 13 at the
time. I knew each and every member of the Senate and
president and vice president personally. We discussed
this in a private conversation.

I am not going to "out" one the boys, that would be
wrong. But those that knew all four of them knew which
one was gay. All four of those guys wrote and
sponsored legislation and events that were pro-gay.
They were not bigots, I knew them, had beer with them,
etc. It was not about bigotry, it was about one guy
with a power trip.

What I was angry about was the fact that they stole
student property using their security cards, destroyed
it, and then attempted to cover up the crime. This was
the same feeling of James Howl, one of the
co-Presidents of the GSA at the time. Selena Lloyd,
the other co-president, probably felt differently
about it.

It was me and another Senator, Justin Eslinger, that
told about the cover up.
I have no doubt members of GSA and other gay students
were frightened by the action, but it was not done by
redneck bigots that hated homosexuals.

There is no evidence that the student slain was killed
because he was gay, and his parents stated the same.
To automatically assume that because a gay person is
killed it was bigotry is stupidity. Gay people die
everyday.

My point is not that bigotry does not exist in Moscow,
it does, and tons of it. My point is that when you
attempt to make a case, especially as a professional
in a public forum attacking people, the information
needs to be accurate and relevant to the subject. Dr.
Quinlan had all his dates, times, locations, and other
information all messed up, stuff that can be easily
checked by doing a Google search.

Donovan J Arnold