[Vision2020] The next day after the night before

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:10:40 PDT 2005

I just got off the phone with my very good friend Carole King (prove that I
wasn't), and she said I could use the lyrics of another of her songs.  Now
that the (very) strange bed-fellows have had a chance to wake up next to one
another, shaking off a hangover and wondering whether to wake the other up
or just chew an arm off to escape, "It's Too Late":  "Stayed in bed all
morning just to pass the time, There's something wrong here ,There can be no
denying, One of us is changing Or maybe we've just stopped trying.  And it's
too late baby, Now it's too late ,Though we really did try to make it
,Something inside has died, And I can't hide And I just can't fake it Wo no
no no...It used to be so easy living here with you, You were light and
breezy And I knew just what to do, Now you look so unhappy, And I feel like
a fool, But it's too late baby, Now it's too late, Though we really did try
to make it, Something inside has died And I can't hide, And I just can't
fake it, There'll be a time just for me and you, But we just can't stay
together, Don't you feel it too, Still I'm glad for what we had, And how I
once loved you, And it's too late baby, Now it's too late, Though we really
did try to make it, Something inside has died, And I can't hide, And I just
can't fake it.  Too late, baby, it's too late, Darling, it's too late..."

                               Carl Westberg Jr.