[Vision2020] Coming Soon: The Trail Mix Tavern

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 26 16:21:30 PDT 2005

Keely writes:

"People who accuse me of being on the take and promise to make sure my
career goes down in flames are free to continue, and people who are
appalled by their behavior should know that I'm not at all concerned."

As a well-trained journalist, I'm sure Keely knows that Phil Roderick's
various public accusations that she is "on the take" and/or getting payola
from the Trail family are legally actionable.  Phil can only hope that
Keely is much nicer than I am.  If I were she or she were me, I'd hire a
pit-bull attorney and have his incoherent, belligerant ass in court before
you could say "levy."  Once the damages were paid, I reckon I'd own myself
a piece of downtown property.  Perhaps I'd clean it up (is there enough
Pine Sol in the world?) and call it into the Trail Mix Tavern.  (If Dan
were willing, we could specialize in Carskalikazes.  They sound good.  How
much vodka do you use, Dan?  I like a lot of vodka.  And a twist of lime.)
Then again, perhaps I'd raze the building to the ground and salt the earth,
just to get rid of any residual goofball cooties.  Either way, that
building would be mine, mine, mine!

Melynda and I voted first thing this morning, shortly after 8 am, and the
place was packed.  My line (the O-P-Q-Rs) was quite short, but Melynda (in
the He-J-K-Ls) had to wait about 20 minutes.  Whatever is happening over
there, this seems to be generating as much interest/excitement as the 2004
Presidential vote.

Yes, again.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com