[Vision2020] The Polls

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Apr 26 15:36:41 PDT 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

I have just returned home from voting.  The polls are BUSY; eight or nine
lines, five or six people deep.  Parking spots are at a premium.  This is at
3:00 in the afternoon when you would expect to find the polls virtually
barren.

Just out of curiosity I went for a drive around town.    I drove as far
north as Moscow Building Supplies, as far south as Palouse River Drive, as
far east as Mountain View Drive, and as far west as Logos School.  Every
block I drove I saw two to four yellow signs, people on most corners
carrying yellow signs, and only two "Vote No" signs.

Once again life is kind.

If benefit to our children's and our community's future cost us a few extra
dollars, so DAMN be it.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom "who voted for our children's future" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)