[Vision2020] Tonight's Auntie E & Brother C Show

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 24 14:54:05 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

Tonight on The Auntie Establishment & Brother Carl Show, 5-7 pm, 92.5 FM, KRFP Moscow, we'll be talking about current news, world events, and the usual suspects.  We'll also be playing a whole lot of Lesley Gore.  Why?  Because I love Lesley Gore!  Also, just as a bit of a teaser, I thought I'd let you in on a little piece of our scheduled commentary.  Here 'tis:

The Difference between Doug Wilson and God: A Primer

Doug and his fans have now taken to calling Doug’s numerous critics “God-haters.”  As a devout Jew and one of those many critics, I object to this.  God and I are on very good terms.  It’s true that he hasn’t manifested himself to me via flaming shrubbery, and he failed to part the Salmon River last time I was down there rafting, but on the whole, we get along well.  I try to do right whenever I can, and I generally keep on the sunny side.  I believe very strongly that the Lord is my shepherd; I’m a 23rd Psalm kind of gal.

As I have pointed out many times, Doug would be God spelled backwards if “u” didn’t stand in the way, but that is no excuse for Doug’s followers to confuse the Almighty with the all too human.  Doug Wilson is not God, and so Doug’s critics – even if they should happen to despise the pastor – are not God-haters.  Because this seems to be confusing to so many, however, Brother Carl and I would like to offer a primer on how to tell the difference between Doug and God, and Doug and Jesus:

God parts the Red Sea.  Doug parts company with other Christians.
Jesus turns water to wine.  Doug whines about everything.
God is generally credited with creating the universe.  Doug has trouble with crediting other writers.  (You can’t plagiarize the whole world, Doug.  It’s just not kosher.)
God is all powerful.  Doug is all that and a bag of chips.
God forgives sins.  Doug compounds them, with interest.
So, there you have it – how to tell the difference between a large bearded man and God Almighty.  Next week, we’ll try to distinguish the Infinite from velvet paintings of Elvis.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com