[Vision2020] The Best School Plan

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Apr 24 10:03:52 PDT 2005

>From today's (April 24, 2005) Lewiston Morning Tribune with a special thanks
to Margaret Dibble

The best school plan

As I have been questioned on the subject, I am writing to reaffirm my
support for the Moscow School District bond. This plan is the fastest, most
cost-effective way fix our facilities problems with the least disruption to
our children's education.

No buildings will be abandoned, nor will we have children attending school
on construction sites. We will be able to bring West Park kindergarten
students off the University of Idaho campus and into the elementary school.
Our alternative high school will have its own building at last. I do not
think we can keep Moscow High in its current location forever; its 3.9-acre
site is so small that major remodeling would be extremely difficult and
expensive.

For those who worry about building a new high school so far away, on the
edge of town, let me remind you that the edge of town is a moving target and
moving further away all the time. If we do not secure a site soon, we will
be building way out in the country when we finally get around to it. I
supported this building plan when I voted to bring it the public and I
support it now. I urge you to vote yes on April 26.

Margaret Dibble
Moscow

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will
stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving
path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so
far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

-Sir Winston Churchill