[Vision2020] question 6 TRAIL FOUNDATION QUESTIONS

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Sun Apr 24 09:48:54 PDT 2005

QUOTED FROM THE DAILY NEWS WEEKEND EDITION:

Dave Trail, manager of the Trail family lands, wouldn't comment on a price for the 10 acres the district must purchase. The Moscow School District facilities planning committee has been working with a price range between $23,000 to $25,000 per acre, but Trail wouldn't verify if the family would ask a price higher or lower from the district. State law requires the district have the land appraised.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," Trail said.

Trail also said his family agreed to donate 20 percent of the money paid for the 10 acres back to the school district for construction of the required fence.

Well, Mr. Trail, I think that time is now to cross that bridge. What happenned to the $250,000.00 "sale" price of the 10 acres in order for the "gifted" land?

Keely - this is just plain wrong. I know you are on the FPC. What is going on? Now the Trails are going to increase the price of the ten acres so they can "donate" that money back to us so a security fence can be built? This is no gift!

Yes, this one question is directed to you. You are on the committee that can answer this.

Phil Roderick