[Vision2020] Paul Duffau's qualification

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Sat Apr 23 17:37:21 PDT 2005

I am an International Code Council certified special inspector which means
that I have passed the examinations required to perform certain types of
inspection.  There are currently 5 types of special inspection.  I am the
only individual in town to hold all five.  As a matter of fact, at this
point in time, I am the only masonry, pre-stressed concrete and
fire-proofing inspector in town.  The only individuals with comparable
skills (and he is a fine inspector) are Dan Harlander, who has joined the
City of Pullman as a Building Official and Jim Johnson with the City of
Moscow (also a fine inspector).  Please note that it is a certification
process, not a degree program.  The focus is specialized skills and
knowledge.

I've also been doing bid preparation for the last year or so for a materials
testing laboratory in addition to providing training services for their
employees.  In those functions, I have been going over plans and
specifications with a fine tooth comb (not to mention code) and meeting with
architects and engineers to determine project requirements.

My most recent project was the new Fish & Game building in Lewiston, which
was a 22,000 sq.ft. building costing approximately $3.5 million dollars (I'd
be more specific but its been almost a year since I did a cost review on
that project).

Pinted with the permission of Paul Duffau.

Phil Roderick