[Vision2020] RE: answering Phil's questions

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Apr 23 14:42:57 PDT 2005

I'm responding to the entire forum since others may want answers to your
questions.

1.  I don't know what you mean by "four tracks."  Please read on . . .

"Tracks" has had a specific usage in our two-year planning, and so I may be
reading your question too literally. There were three tracks that the
committee came up with.  One (no new construction) was not recommended by
the FPC, but the other two were; the plan we're considering now was the
track with near-unanimous support of the committee as well as Supt.
Donicht's recommendation.  The board voted on it Feb. 24 and it passed 5-0.
  The bond amount is sufficient for the four projects (new HS, remodeled WP
and Russell, remodel of current HS to accommodate alt school, etc., -- maybe
that's what you mean), insofar as it covers what can legally be covered by a
bond.

2.  The Trail family is donating the cost of the fence.  This appears to
have been lost in the debate.

3.  Please remember that the change is not in the number of teachers,
required textbooks, etc., but is a change in facilities and configuration.
It's still a K-12 district with the same number of teachers, and, again,
we're simply planning to move our kids and staff to buildings better able to
handle the long-term demands of education.  So the teachers teaching from
textbooks are already budgeted -- they'll simply move to better,
bond-funded, facilities.  This is not to say that the district will always
have exactly the same number of staff, kids, etc. -- that changes from year
to year and is part of our budget planning project.  But funds cannot and do
not "cross over."

keely