[Vision2020] He scorns to suckle at the public teat?

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:53:37 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

This is purely unsubstantiated rumor, but if unsubstantiated rumor is good
enough for Dale Courtney, Jack Wenders, and Phil and Donovan, then why
shouldn't I join right in?  Let's be neighborly!  Let's all roll around in
the mud together!

Here goes: Ron Force has told us that Professor Wenders' salary at the
University of Idaho in 1998 was $43,000 plus.  I've been told (but can't
substantiate) that to earn his pay, Professor Wenders taught one course.
Per year.  Using the formula we applied back in my college teaching days,
one factors 2 hours of prep/grading time per 1 hour of teaching, meaning
that Wenders would have worked roughly 9 hours per week for 16 weeks, a
total of 144 hours.  For $43,000 plus in compensation, not including
benefits.  Using my own calculator (rather than Donovan's abacus), that's
$298.61 per hour.  In tax dollars, yours and mine.  Tainted, repulsive,
disgusting government money.  Grody.  Ick.  Get thee behind me, thou filthy
Benjamin Franklins!

Of course, I could be misinformed.  I haven't called Dr. Wenders to verify
his UI teaching schedule.  I also haven't called to ask if his refrigerator
is running -- because if it is, hadn't he better go catch it?

In the greater service of our ongoing juvenility,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com