[Vision2020] He scorns to suckle at the public teat?

David M. Budge dave at davebudge.com
Fri Apr 22 13:07:33 PDT 2005

Joan,

You may be right but in most universities today retiring teachers are
offered a "teach out" where, for their last three years, they teach a
much reduced schedule, remain on hand as curriculum advisors, and help
with faculty transition.  It makes more sense to find out what his
salary was three years prior to retirement.  The "teach out" is
considered a retirement benefit amongst modern academicians.

Not that I really care nor wish to argue about the fairness of "teach
outs."  I've got no dog in this hunt.

db