[Vision2020] Pope Benedict XVI: One Giant Step Backwards forHumankind

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:01:50 PDT 2005

Mr. Budge,

It is not that he was a Nazi youth, and later Nazi Solider, or the fact that
he is anti-gay, anti-women, anti-birth control, or protected pedophiles from
their crimes.

It is that he is totally completely closed to any change whatsoever or
allowing any dialogue, discussion, or consideration of any other issues. He
is not even open to allowing priests to marry which is not even a
traditional beliefs of the church.

We know we can leave the church. But that is not that point. The point is
that he may drive people away from the church and God. Churches are suppose
to do the opposite. They are suppose to bring people to God, not scare them
away. That should be a concern for any Christian.

No reasonable person expected women to be ordained as priests tomorrow.
However, they would at least like to discuss it and maybe the possibility
that Gays and Lesbians might be people too without being excommunicated.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold