[Vision2020] Security Fence

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu Apr 14 17:33:32 PDT 2005

Phil:

How about 6 feet tall with razor wire?  Security does not mean 8 feet tall.  Most
fences, commercial or otherwise, are only 6 feet tall.  Chainlink is an acceptable and
aesthetically pleasing solution to any fencing needs.  It is also very cost effective
considering the labor to install a chainlink fence is considerably less than the labor
to install a cedar, wrought iron, or vinyl.

The going rate right now for material for a chainlink fence un-installed 6 feet tall is
$8-10 per lineal foot.  With labor the total cost would be right around $12-20 per
foot.

Keep in mind though these are all retail figures.  A job of this magnitude would drive
the cost of material down and the labor would go down slightly as well.  If you really
want a firm quote on what this will cost, email me a drawing of the proposed project
with the actual specs, not assumed, and I will send it to my distributor to get a
quote on material.

TIM