[Spam] [Vision2020] Security Fence

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu Apr 14 17:50:39 PDT 2005

Phil:

How about 6 feet tall with razor wire?  Security does not mean 8 feet tall.
Most
fences, commercial or otherwise, are only 6 feet tall.

Maybe so but they are not classified as "security" which is the requirement
of the sale.
Razor wire would be great, however it is illegal in the city of Moscow.
Already been there.

Chainlink is an acceptable and aesthetically pleasing solution to any
fencing needs.  It is also very cost effective considering the labor to
install a chainlink fence is considerably less than the labor
to install a cedar, wrought iron, or vinyl.

So where are the bids?

The going rate right now for material for a chainlink fence un-installed 6
feet tall is
$8-10 per lineal foot.  With labor the total cost would be right around
$12-20 per
foot.

No, no, no, go to 8 feet tall. That is what is required for the sale of the
land. Anybody can jump a six foot fence. That is why a six foot fence is not
a security fence. It is just a "residential" partition.

Keep in mind though these are all retail figures.  A job of this magnitude
would drive
the cost of material down and the labor would go down slightly as well.  If
you really
want a firm quote on what this will cost, email me a drawing of the proposed
project
with the actual specs, not assumed, and I will send it to my distributor to
get a
quote on material.

Tim - could you call Dr. Donicht at the school board and ask her exactly how
many linear feet of fencing including gates, etc. that will be necessary to
fulfill the agreement with the Trails. Remember, a "security fence" is not 6
feet. It is a minimum of 8. I already know the answer.

Phil Roderick

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

--