[Vision2020] Vote no on the school levy

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Wed Apr 13 15:27:55 PDT 2005

Thanx Shay,

Phil,

It's hard to know where to start with this statement.  First of all,
the new High School, should it be constructed, will not include a
swimming pool or a track (as I understand it).

Oh - I understand this. Just using an analogy.

Secondly, I wonder how our forefathers, or anyone produced by the
educational system you describe, would fare in a collegiate
environment today.  Access to all the technology in the world will do
you no good if you lack the requisite skills to use it properly.

I can guarantee you if the test for getting into college were the test that
our forefathers took, no one would be able to pass it. I don't think it is
any harder today. I think it is much easier. Maybe because of technology?

You are right on one point, however: it really isn't about the color
of the room.

Nor is it about the size of the classroom, etc.

I do have one question regarding the need to "install" learning and
wanting to learn: does that come with instructions?

Yes it does. From parents and teachers alike.

Phil

--

.