[Vision2020] With gas at $2.50 a gallon it is timetocutCrosswalknumbers

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:50:53 PDT 2005

Dick (who I agree with 99.44 percent of the time, I had Dale crunch the
numbers for me) writes:  "most of the pedestrians in other states do not
walk out in front of a car and will wait until traffic clears.."  I most
certainly will never walk out in front of a car in Moscow.  While I
certainly appreciate a motorist on Jackson or Washington, for example,
stopping in the lane closest to me so I can venture into the crosswalk, I'll
decline the opportunity.  Just because motorist A in lane A stops, there is
no guarantee that motorist B in lane B is going to even slow down.  I've
almost been clipped, and have seen other people almost be clipped too many
times.  It's dangerous out there.

  Carl Westberg Jr.