[Vision2020] Non-Profits, Bond Levies, Farming,

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 20:03:02 PDT 2005

There have been so many topics addressed at such frequent intervals in the
last couple of days that even an old civic war horse like me is almost
intimidated.  Almost, but not quite.  Let's roll it all into to one  package, okay?

Property taxes would go down for all of us if the BOE were working as hard
as Saundra Lund and I are on the issue.  To that end, it is the sincere  hope
of Team Lund/Huskey that a few more properties will be returning to the tax
roles by the end of the summer.  Of course, we can be sure that those
law-abiding elders of Christ Church will drag out continuing litigation as long  as
possible before they bite the bullet, belly up to the bar, and for  "heaven's
sake"  pay their tax bills.

If property taxes decreased, maybe we wouldn't have to suffer such birth
pangs in laboring to bring forth a badly-needed new high school and  elementary
school renovations.  I am grateful for the hundreds of  hours of work by
members of the facilities group and others who have given their  time and energy to
this project.  I appreciate the kindness and generosity  of the Trail family
-- and I'd like to add that with my nose  for conspiracy, if there was one, I
would have smelled it a long time  ago.

Since I don't play well with groups, I contributed absolutely nothing to  the
facilities process.  However, I can and did dial a phone to find out  how
things were going through out the process.  Needless to say, I will be
supporting the levy and I strongly encourage others to do so.

Rose Huskey

PS: I've raised pigs, and they aren't much fun.  Neither are chickens,
goats, turkeys, or rabbits.  Nonetheless, a little honest animal manure is  a lot
more acceptable to me than the horse shit (complete with adolescent  curriculum
vitae) that has been passing itself off as public-spirited  concern and
community involvement these past few days on Vision 2020.

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan