[Vision2020] Governors New Clothes

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu Apr 7 19:34:39 PDT 2005

Some of the conservatives in this town who oppose the levy should reconsider their
opposition when one of their own is moving into a slightly used billionaires home.

Isn't it a little peculiar that a governor who is a so-called proponent of education
will move into a billionaires mansion but won't force the legislature to fund the
various school projects throughout the state.  This is the same governor who would
spend money this state does not have to improve a few roads in the state.  Yes, these
roadways do need improvements, but will these new and improved roadways promote the
education of the students in Idaho?

It appears as though the spending habits and priorities of our
conservative legislature are a little out of whack.  What should take priority in this
state, education or roads?  Do we value roads more than education?

If people do not value educational programs like Physical Education, Music, Drama, etc
then why are some of the highest paid people in America people who participate in
Athletics, Music, and Acting?

What are the priorities of America these days anyhow?  Are they to capture a super
villain?  Is it to fight a war in a country that has oil?  Is it to educate our
children?  Is it to find an alternative to fossil fuel dependency?  How about a cure
for cancer or AIDS?  What do we value and when will we change our values towards
something of substance and worth?