[Vision2020] Follow the money

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu Apr 7 13:07:47 PDT 2005

Can anybody listening answer a previous question posted to Keely that for
some reason she will not answer publicly?

Visioneers: Quoted directly from Keely: "Our current estimate is on $17-23
per acre, but that's subject to the appraisal."

".......Keely - In regards to your appraisal, will it be done BEFORE or
AFTER it has been annexed into the city and rezoned? Or, as it stands now?
As it stands now it is zoned according to the county assessors office
AG/Forest which they proceeded to tell me runs about $2,000.00 to $2,500.00
per acre. So the 40 acres are worth between $80,000.00 and $100,000.00.  Not
the million dollar price tag you are trying to sell me."

Visioneers: Don't you want to know where the $17,000.00 - $23,000.00 figure
came from? Or the $250,000.00 price tag for 10 acres comes from? All 40
acres are not worth $250,000.00 let alone 10 acres they are trying to sell
us. None of this makes any sense to me.

Visioneers -  the district is required to have the ten acres of Trail
property appraised. It needs to be appraised as is. Not what could be.

Remember - if the high school were to go in, big IF, the Trail Foundation
would be busy annexing another 40 acre site and I can assure you it will be
after the completion of the high school and they will be shooting for zoning
of R1, 2, 3 or 4. Then the new property that they annexed, it's value would
go from $100,000.00 to $2-3 million. So - by us putting a high school out
there we are adding value to all of the Trail acreage. Don't forget.....they
have LOTS of acreage. They need the school there. Maybe we should tell the
Trail Foundation "thank you for your generous "gift" but it does not make
economic sense. I think if you want to develop your land, please do so with
your money and not ours."

Does anybody know who was sitting in on these negotiations?

Cheers,
Phil
I gotta get me my own email account